Re: [Xen-devel] virtual disk/block-device problem

To: mike@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] virtual disk/block-device problem
From: Ian Pratt <Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 20:03:15 +0000
Cc: Steven.Hand@xxxxxxxxxxxx, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Ian.Pratt@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 20:03:15 +0000
> I didn't mention that I was not initializing a partition table on those,
> didn't realize I had to until I got further with booting Linux off of one.

As you've probably figured out, Linux is pretty good at spotting
whether a 'disk' has a partition table on it or not -- you can
quite happily partition virtual disks, or use them raw without a
partition table. Given that they're virtual anyway, I suppose
there's a fair argument for doing the latter and just having
multiple VDs.

Glad to hear the VD size bug is now fixed.

Cheers,
Ian (signing off 'till the New Year)