[Xen-devel] Network Logging/Sniffing

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-devel] Network Logging/Sniffing
From: Charles Lucas <clucas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 30 Nov 2003 22:30:26 -0800
Delivery-date: Mon, 01 Dec 2003 09:55:35 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From reading Xen 2002 it seems that domain0 is able to monitor traffic on all
VIFS.  I tried running several network analyzers and couldn't get traffic for
other domains.  I then looked at the xen source(network.c) and from the
comments it seemed that packets can only be routed to one domain.  If there
is just some simple way to ask the hypervisor to send a copy of all packets
to domain0 I'd love to know or any other way I might be able to allow domain0
to monitor network traffic.  BTW my domains are all using public IPs not NAT.

thanx
charles