Re: [Xen-devel] problem with booting

To: "Dave Berlin" <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] problem with booting
From: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2003 09:37:07 +0000
Cc: "'Devel Xen'" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Sun, 23 Nov 2003 09:38:19 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
You can stop Xen rebooting on error conditions by specifying
'noreboot' on the command line.

Your failure is due to one of two possibilities:

 1. You do not have enough memory configured to boot Xenolinux with
 128MB RAM (perhaps Xen couldn't find all your RAM for some reason?)

 2. Your xenolinux.gz file isn't a valid xenolinux file.

I suspect that latter is more likely. You could find which error is
occurring by adding a printk() message to each error return path in
setup_guestos() in xen/common/domain.c. I should really check some
better error messages ibnto the tree :-)

 -- Keir