Re: [Xen-devel] booting xen with lilo?

To: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] booting xen with lilo?
From: xen@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 05:58:51 -0800
Delivery-date: Tue, 18 Nov 2003 22:03:01 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Ian Pratt wrote:

<snip />

Thanks for the success report.

I'd like to try running off of the hard disk but the instructions use the GRUB
loader.  Does anybody have a stanza for LILO?  The files and root are:

<snip />

Any reason why you can't use GRUB? It takes a bit of getting used
to, but its actually pretty good.

Mixing IDE and SCSI drives with LILO is very messy.  Once I finally got LILO to
boot from my SCSI I have been afraid to change anything.  But after about six
hours of experimentation I am now running GRUB and find it easy to switch
between the two. (Unthinkable concept yesterday).  Thanks for the motivation,
Ian :)

Using the information in README.CD, which is very easy to follow, I now have a
SCSI bootable Xen VMM.  Another success!

Ahhh, now custom kernels...

Thanks again,
Mike Wright

Ian

[*] I'm not sure that LILO can deal with multiple modules
(initrd's) so it might not be possible to give domain0 an initrd.