Re: [Xen-devel] Network issues with SuSE firewall

To: "Gregory Newby" <newby@xxxxxxxx>, xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Network issues with SuSE firewall
From: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 08 Nov 2003 08:48:59 +0000
Delivery-date: Sat, 08 Nov 2003 08:50:32 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> > > Have you been using xen_read_console?  You should be able to
> > > watch the other domain booting, and check that it comes up OK.
> >
> > I run it (in the background) but never see anything.  Even
> > when I reboot, I don't get shutdown messages (they don't
> > appear on the physical console).
>
> Very odd. Any chance you can get a serial line on the system?
> The other domain's boot messages should also come out on serial.

It sounds to me like a misconfigured domain 0 firewall. Can you send
the output from 'iptables -L -v' and 'iptables -tnat -L -v' ?

If you do that just before and just after booting a new domain then
that may allow us to see which rule is dropping the console UDP packets.

 -- Keir