Re: [Xen-devel] Re: Xen V1.1 release candidate

To: Guillaume Thouvenin <guillaume.thouvenin@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Re: Xen V1.1 release candidate
From: Keir Fraser <Keir.Fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 05 Nov 2003 15:40:32 +0000
Cc: xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 05 Nov 2003 21:45:18 +0000
Sender: xen-devel-admin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> So I compile new xen and xenolinux images with the matching tools and I have
> some troubles. When I boot the first time with new kernels, the boot frozen
> after enabling the Real Time Clock Driver. So I removed it from the kernel and
> everything went fine. I don't know if this driver is a problem. I will make a
> new try with "Enhanced Real Time Clock Support" enable in the kernel...

What version of the BK repository are you using (i.e. the top
changeset if you do 'bk sccslog | head' in root directory of
repository).

The RTC drivers will definitely not work -- most of the drivers in
drivers/char WILL NOT WORK. If they aren't configured by default, they
probably shouldn't be configured. AFAIK drivers/char is the only area
where you can configure stuff that will bite you.

> Another problem occures when I try to start a new domain. I receive a kernel
> panic during the boot. I use the following /etc/xenctl.xml file:

The block-device code is in flux right now. We'll take a look at the
problem, but if you want to get up and running as quickly as possible
you should be using the xeno-1.1.bk.

 -- Keir