xen-community

[Xen-devel] Xen.org Community Weekly Update Vol 10 No 9

To: "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "xen-community@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-community@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] Xen.org Community Weekly Update Vol 10 No 9
From: Stephen Spector <stephen.spector@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 2010 12:52:25 -0500
Accept-language: en-US
Acceptlanguage: en-US
Delivery-date: Fri, 05 Mar 2010 09:53:36 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Welcome to the new Xen.org weekly newsletter with a variety of information to keep you updated on all things Xen. This newsletter is an upgrade from my previous weekly communications and is meant to offer a broader scope of Xen.org activities. Please feel free to contact me with suggestions for the newsletter.

There will be no newsletter next week as I will be sailing the Caribbean looking for treasure! The newsletter will return on Friday March 19 (unless I find buried treasure!).

Xen News

    * Oracle Releases Virtual Box 3.14

    * ConVirt 2.0 Announced

    * Xen Hypervisor Monitoring with Zenoss Announced

    * Xen.org Mascot Contest – Three finalists announced

          o Entry #5 – Zen Penguin from Dana Rawding

          o Entry #1 – Bonsai Tree form Joe Shon

          o Entry #10 – Sitting Panda Chewing Bamboo from Valentin Höbel

Xen Events

    * Xen Summit North America at AMD April 28-29, 2010

          o Speaker Topics Submission – Submit at http://xensummit.org

          o Local Hotels – http://www.xen.org/files/xensummit_amd10/HotelListing.pdf

    * Citrix Synergy May 11 – 13 in San Francisco, CA – Looking for booth volunteers

    * SouthEast LinuxFest 2010 June 12-13, 2010 in Spartanburg, SC – Looking for booth volunteers

    * Bring Xen.org to an event near year – Do you know of an event near you that would be served by having a Xen.org booth? If so, I have a proposal for working together to support that event; http://blog.xen.org/index.php/2010/01/28/bring-xen-org-to-your-local-event/

Xen Products

    * Xen 4.0 Release Candidate 5 Available for Testing – http://xenbits.xensource.com/xen-unstable.hg TAG = 4.0.0-rc5

    * Xen 3.4 Release Candidate 3 Available for Testing – http://xenbits.xensource.com/xen-3.4-testing.hg (tag 3.4.3-rc3)

    * XCP Tutorial – Building a HVM Guest from Command Line InterfaceMemory Issues with new VMsInstalling a VM Operating System from CD

Xen Members in Action

    * Xen Community Member Highlight – Thiago Martins

    * Boris Quiroz and Marco Sinhoreli have completed a new XCP article for Linux Magazine Brazil

    * Xen.org Mailing Lists SuperStars – Jeremy Fitzhardinge, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk, Sheng Yang, James Pifer , Pasi Kärkkäinen, and John Madden

Xen Weekly Stats

    * Project Golden Ratio February Data Available

Stephen Spector

Xen.org Community Manager

T: (772) 621-5062 | F: (772) 365-0338 | M: (954) 854-4257

stephen.spector@xxxxxxx

http://blog.xen.org | @xen_com_mgr