xen-cim

[Xen-cim] metrics

To: "Jim Fehlig" <jfehlig@xxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-cim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-cim] metrics
From: "Szymanski, Lukasz K" <Lukasz.Szymanski@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 15:23:20 -0500
Delivery-date: Thu, 18 Jan 2007 12:23:01 -0800
Sender: xen-cim-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Jim -

The reason I was getting the "Provider not found in root/cimv2" error was because I changed from cimv2.12 to cim2.14.  The sblim-gather package requires CIM Schema Version 2.7 or higher so I just applied 2.14 from DMTF (BTW, this is confusing - is it 2.8 or 2.14?)  You asked about what metrics are available and I saw (from my recollection) what the IBM paper advertized http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-cim/2006-12/msg00034.html (see the attachment towards the bottom of the posting).

BTW, there is some funnyness with installing the sblim-cmpi-base and the sblim-gather packages.  When I initially tried to install the newer base package (from sourceforge) I could not complete the postinstall because there was no CIM_Base in root/cimv2.  I installed the old version of the base package (from SLES) and then uninstalled it.  Only after that little dance was I able to use the newer packages.  I have not investigated this further, but I can if it makes sense at this point - or I can start looking at indication stuff.

Jim, please post the links for the latest yawn and schema stuff when you get the chance.

Thanks,
Luke