xen-cim

[Xen-cim] committed change to use xen-api-server unix socket

To: xen-cim@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-cim] committed change to use xen-api-server unix socket
From: Jim Fehlig <jfehlig@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 16:37:48 -0700
Delivery-date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 15:37:11 -0800
Sender: xen-cim-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
All,

I committed code today that supports connecting to xen-api-server via unix socket. Until we can get credentials of authenticated cimom user across cimoms, the providers will communicate to xend via the unix socket with unconditional access. Unconditional is a little misleading given only privileged processes (root) can connect to the socket.

In order to use this functionality you must be on Xen >= 3.0.4 (obviously) and have the following entry in xend-config.sxp:

(xen-api-server ((unix none)))

Luke, Raj:
This doesn't take care of the session handle issues discussed on today's call. I will work on that next. Trying to break the bad habit of massive commits :-).

Regards,
Jim