[Xen-API] Re: [Xen-users] [Project Kronos] XAPI on Debian

To: eneal@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-API] Re: [Xen-users] [Project Kronos] XAPI on Debian
From: "msgbox450@xxxxxxxxx" <msgbox450@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 13:00:18 +0100
Delivery-date: Tue, 11 Oct 2011 05:04:08 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=mime-version:sender:in-reply-to:references:date :x-google-sender-auth:message-id:subject:from:to:content-type; bh=6v0jreIPE0tdHkzHfDoqqjnrrR9z74jW1NQrkS8Mzdc=; b=fQI7KFovTsNhNWIJ9Wo0CeaDLEGdeGNvCVdTXf55qo6YO77UOozVg0/OfUWTzhJZEb GLH5kUe2UPsBOe3+pkqiQz8Kz+ZfJjQY2oKlC2Ja4FzZZkyP9W6XNSeQJNiU8SYiZPzL A2Rz1PBQRchbM6tZAiTmW6sa6kuPemZszKfJ8=
Sender: xen-api-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I've now got XenCenter to connect to XAPI on Debian, I had to run "/etc/init.d/xapissl start" which has created the config files and enabled XenCenter to connect via SSL.

The problem I have now is that XenCenter 6 doesn't seem to actually do anything... it connects, synchronises, everything appears to work on the surface. However, it detects only 92mb of RAM is free on the host (which is a big lie) and therefore can't create any VMs, and trying to import an .xva it just sits there "preparing" forever.

I've tried creating /etc/xensource/xapi_version_override with a line containing 5.6.199 and then done "service xapi restart", but this doesn't seem to make any difference :(