[Xen-API] [XCP] bug: ethtool-lro:true does not apply properly

To: xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-API] [XCP] bug: ethtool-lro:true does not apply properly
From: shuklin <shuklin@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 13:22:58 +0400
Delivery-date: Tue, 16 Aug 2011 02:23:18 -0700
Sender: xen-api-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Good day.

Found strange bug - if pif have other-config:ethtool-lro=true option, it
does not kept.

How it looks: I put a little debug hook
to /opt/xensource/libexec/InterfaceReconfigureVswitch.py and check if
interfaces are configured properly after this code.

            if len(offload):
                dbg(dev)
                run_command(['/sbin/ethtool', '-K', dev] + offload)
                dbg(dev)

my hook (dbg) shows that after this line interfaces have LRO enabled.

But when boot is done none of eth interfaces have LRO enabled. (All my
network cards does support LRO and can be configured by ethtool).

I don't know how and when it reset state, but I can say definitely, that
ethtool-lro option does not work as expected.

XCP 1.0, network cards:

Intel Corporation 82574L Gigabit Network Connection
Intel Corporation 82599EB 10-Gigabit Network Connection

Right now I add a very dirty hack by adding ethtool -K eth3 lro on
in /etc/rc.local, but it seems be not very good solution...