Re: [Xen-API] disable IPV4 on xenserver VM

To: Amit Shah <amit.shah@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-API] disable IPV4 on xenserver VM
From: George Shuklin <george.shuklin@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 23 Jul 2011 01:28:35 +0400
Cc: "xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Fri, 22 Jul 2011 14:28:07 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=message-id:date:from:user-agent:mime-version:to:cc:subject :references:in-reply-to:content-type; bh=pR9/0Hl5iiZSFmzVhLqaIBQjgfRmzGSQfQw2QUIgnJM=; b=tgPVkhXnnRyYMVIXvdN1LDU4UeFGRSUE4iZKNyKqctkkKD0q1IZ35Px8iXqPN1JfLn G5+QOKapsKlCQqzFdh5Z8HidWgb6koURWkFZiq2c4OkAg0CJwuZaS5qo+kzvpX6c7zLg kIxTMxwyT4JkzQHTLYkP9lanynoO6Ubea3F7Q=
Sender: xen-api-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Ок, no problem. You simply go to any administrative interface you operating system provides and use it. For example, ssh and ip command (ip addr add/del, f.e.).

If you expecting XCP will dig into windows and starts to thinking 'this is registry, this is HKLM, this is some Very Important File Even Microsoft Not Sure Why, this-is-log-files-in-system-directory, this-is-very-important-file-in-recycle-bin' and so on, you making a mistake. XCP provides infrastructure, and tools for infrastructure management. PV linux may be controlled from dom0 via console or pure virtual network, but windows seems be so strange and incoherent so I don't think that anyone will spend it time trying to adopt XCP for 'windows management interfaces'. There is a bunch of more interesting thing to do in linux area, so windows is some kind of leftover.

Yes, Citrix do money (do they still do money on XS?) on windows users, and they can spend some time and resources for this but for opensource version is kinda... NG.

Oh, I think Microsoft could try to do this. Are they 'big linux contributor' or not?