AW: [Xen-API] cross-pool migrate, with any kind of storage (shared or lo

To: George Shuklin <george.shuklin@xxxxxxxxx>, Dave Scott <Dave.Scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: AW: [Xen-API] cross-pool migrate, with any kind of storage (shared or local)
From: Uli Stärk <Uli.Staerk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 15:25:55 +0000
Accept-language: de-DE, en-US
Cc: "xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 08:26:28 -0700
Sender: xen-api-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
A simple copy-operation should not require a complex DRBD-setup.

DRBD would be nice for live migration. But you usually dont have a  drbd-device
for each disk, so would have to re-attach the disk in order to create a
DRBD-device resulting in a vm-reboot (correct?). It would be nice to have a
default DRBD overlay-device for each disk, so you could start a
DRBD-Live-Migration at any time. It shouldn’t have a too big (software
interrupts?) performance impact  since the there is no Connection and further
no sync-logic until the device gets connected.