[Xen-API] Re: [Xen-devel] Building XCP Debian packages: what sources or

To: xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-API] Re: [Xen-devel] Building XCP Debian packages: what sources or repo to use?
From: Zheng Li <dev@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 06 May 2011 17:31:37 +0100
Delivery-date: Fri, 06 May 2011 09:33:23 -0700
References: <4DBC0AC2.7010608@xxxxxxxxxx> <BANLkTikPTw5S6c=5G+5ufyGk3xEourS_6w@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <4DBCD010.2000102@xxxxxxxxxx> <20110501192648.GV32595@xxxxxxxxxxx> <BANLkTikw46iWePhhF6T5uUs2VpUOWdKKuA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <1304426131.18845.87.camel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <1304444464.3387.8.camel@Nokia-N900-42-11> <1304496311.26692.10.camel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <2411474E-4CA4-4620-9585-688A5AE4E91E@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> <4DC182BB.2000203@xxxxxxxxxx>
Sender: xen-api-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Thomas,

I think George Shuklin has made it quite clear in the other thread:
XenServer(XCP) was designed and implemented as yet another integrated Linux
distribution (variant) from the beginning rather than independent software
packages. XAPI itself is not difficult to port to another distribution, but all
the rest it depends on (drivers, system scripts, system conventions, dependency
packages, packing conventions etc.) are not going to get ported in just one go.