Re: [Xen-API] Release date for XCP 1.0 stable

To: "xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-API] Release date for XCP 1.0 stable
From: Jonathan Ludlam <Jonathan.Ludlam@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 16:11:19 +0000
Accept-language: en-US
Acceptlanguage: en-US
Delivery-date: Mon, 14 Feb 2011 08:11:32 -0800
Sender: xen-api-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi all,

OK, the saga of the XCP-1.0 release continues...!

Code-wise, things are pretty much fixed at this point. We don't expect to be
doing much more unless anyone points out some real showstoppers. Many things
have been fixed since the beta came out, including the issue with VDIs being
locked when a host is hard-powered off, and a nasty kernel oops when using the
md driver.

What's currently blocking the 1.0 release is that we're working hard on getting
the documentation/wiki sorted out, which has long needed an overhaul. We're
currently thinking that, if everything works out fine, the 23-34th is the
expected date for the release.

There is an rc2 available here:
http://www.xen.org/files/XenCloud/Software/xcp-1.0-rc2
(build number 40948)

Don't ask about rc1 :-)

If anyone wants to install the rc2 and give its tyres a kick, I'd be very
grateful, particularly if you found any nasty surprises.

Thanks all for your patience,

Jon