[Xen-API] Re: [Xen-devel] About OpenNebula and XCP integration Pt2

To: Tim Deegan <Tim.Deegan@xxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-API] Re: [Xen-devel] About OpenNebula and XCP integration Pt2
From: Tino Vazquez <tinova@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 12:46:31 +0100
Cc: xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Fri, 11 Feb 2011 04:06:45 -0800
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed; d=opennebula.org; h= mime-version:in-reply-to:references:from:date:message-id:subject :to:cc:content-type:content-transfer-encoding; s=opennebula.org; bh=3dr1ZMgxGuJtrnLeSF/6SP+2i2E=; b=PWBRE1v964WNGUW5/Gvvs9Kg1ez8 KsqpoiDWHBzfd32aNA5etZsB0EEJBr78KIp9tCl4lLfTRpqUTMU0cg46UrXvfISv AlMvp9J6QQE4+t4d9XgR5xswlL91kbyXvz+TZFejFkPPJhW+osklss4IC4J9IMZy NbJeXcVlqmsjHnI=
Sender: xen-api-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Tim,

Many thanks for the hint, I've added myself to the xen-api list. I'll
repeat my questions here for clarity shake:

* Is it possible to add users other than with Active Directory? How
can I achieve that using the API? Is it possible to do so xi "xe"?
* Is it possible to create a VM from previously existing VDIs? What
parameters should I fill? In my tests, the created VM doesn't find the
hard disk, these are my steps:

    * Create vm with xe vm-create
    * Attach a disk via XenCenter (how can I perform this operation with xe?)
    * Set a PV-kernel (do it need  to be in /boot/guest/?)

* Do I need to create VMs off templates?
* Can I attach a CDROM device using xe?

Regards,

-Tino

--
Constantino Vázquez Blanco, MSc
OpenNebula Major Contributor  / Cloud Researcher