[Xen-API] Hello from your new community manager

To: xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-API] Hello from your new community manager
From: Lars Kurth <lars.kurth@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 20:02:13 +0000
Delivery-date: Wed, 19 Jan 2011 12:03:35 -0800
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:sender:message-id:date:from:user-agent :mime-version:to:subject:content-type; bh=F8HFH2Kn5FlW5sNKpiG/fd7HifziMJwwOnAHfdpwY2w=; b=jqxRhXWGIbNge8aEbx0r29eJbcnDQGSHozhIyZiegf8OE8TwGni0MQRZ9klDnGLPH8 cZ9BJPDuVHmmkVhr4T+DZVhH7NeSM1yvw3Y/5vZ1zmD031CBfoKi6TEgPop43w5F7rIG gZdx5gm7IiX7eZgJaBgjTsUIt4h93R158RWsE=
Sender: xen-api-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

it has been just over a month since my start as community manager for Xen.org was announced on the blog. The good news is that I started earlier this week, am up and running with e-mail and other admin stuff. So it's time for a quick inroduction.

In short, I have worked as part of and with various open source communities for 9 years now. I won't bore you with the details: if you are interested in more, check out my Wiki profile. I am very excited to work with you all and be part of the Xen community, which has been leading the open source cloud computing revolution for a while. I am convinced that it will stay exciting and grow and I hope I can make a big contribution.

For me personally, moving from mobile and semiconductors into virtualisation and cloud computing, will create a bit of a learning curve. So please bear with me when I ask stupid questions or cannot help immediately in all matters. I have a number of top priorities, such as sorting out the 2011 Xen Summit, improving Xen.org and others I don't know yet.

I strongly believe in openess, collaboration and listening and will thus put mechanisms in place which allow you to let me know what worked well in the past, where community management can serve you better and will also make available my plans and ideas for review and commenting. Google docs has worked well for me in the past in situations like this.

Please feel free to contact me at any time with any question or ideas, or for all things Xen if you are unsure who to contact or how to get things done. I will follow up and make things happen. My e-mail address is lars.kurth@xxxxxxx and I am usually on skype on lars.kurth during UK office hours. Phone number and times when I am on IRC will follow, when I know my phone number and have a clearer view on my schedule.

I am excited to work with you all and hopefully meet many of you in future.

Best Regards

Lars