Re: [Xen-API] XCP 1.0-beta: md on dom0 kernel causes kernel oops

On Wed, 2010-12-15 at 05:58 -0500, Tomoe Sugihara wrote:

> >> Yeah, looks like this queue got tagged for XCP on a quite unfortunate
> >> edge, indeed. The patch series has long been fixed since then, but
> >> merged a little further on trunk, so I can't just offer you a
> >> replacement for the -ioc diff.
> >

> > Thanks for following this up, Daniel.
> > I'll wait for a fixed kernel.
>
> Hi,
> I'm still looking forward to a fixed kernel.
>
> >> One could replace the entire blktap2-series, or maybe there's a bigger
> >> update already in the make (?).
>
> Any update on this? I hope someone is working on the issue.
>
> Daniel,
> Thanks for sending me a set of patches off line.
> Sorry, I haven't had a chance to try, though.

Ok, big sorry. The issue is indeed due to said blktapisms in the present
2.6.32 kernel -- but as Jon Ludlam pointed out, it's not really just due
to repo drift seen. Different issue, so those updates I sent to Tomoe
won't help much.

There's a fix internally available now, so next update should really
resolve this.

Daniel