Re: [Xen-API] Can Dom0 use more than one vcpu?

To: Fabio Kung <fabio.kung@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-API] Can Dom0 use more than one vcpu?
From: Anil Madhavapeddy <anil@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 9 Apr 2010 08:38:38 +0100
Cc: xen-api <xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Fri, 09 Apr 2010 00:38:47 -0700
Sender: xen-api-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 9 Apr 2010, at 01:53, Fabio Kung wrote:

None of them worked. My domain0 is still seeing only one vcpu. The strange thing is that XenSource's dom0_mem boot parameter did work as expected, but domain0_max_vcpus didn't.

Does someone know if XCP/XenServer is somewhere locking the number of Domain0 vCPUs to only one? Should I try something else?

If memory serves, look in /etc/init.d/unplug-vcpus in dom0.  That's actually not in xen-api.hg, but installed by another build script (from dom0.hg) which isn't open-source.

-anil