RE: [Xen-API] xe vm-list on slave server hang after unplugging master se

To: 'Anthony Xu' <anthony@xxxxxxxxx>, "xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-API] xe vm-list on slave server hang after unplugging master server network cable
From: Dave Scott <Dave.Scott@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2010 12:34:46 +0000
Accept-language: en-US
Acceptlanguage: en-US
Delivery-date: Thu, 04 Feb 2010 04:34:44 -0800
Sender: xen-api-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Anthony,

Those are the right commands to use to manually specify a new master.

On the new master type:
  Xe pool-emergency-transition-to-master
On the slaves type:
  Xe pool-emergency-reset-master

Currently XCP doesn't have automatic master failover. There is an interface for
talking to an external host-liveness / liveset / quorum - managing daemon. If
that interface is implemented then automatic master failover would work.
However that is quite a lot of work to get right.

Cheers,
Dave