Re: [Xen-API] exception MEMORY_CONSTRAINT_VIOLATION

To: Marco Sinhoreli <msinhore@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-API] exception MEMORY_CONSTRAINT_VIOLATION
From: Jonathan Knowles <jonathan.knowles@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 10:18:24 +0000
Cc: xen-api <xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Wed, 25 Nov 2009 02:18:35 -0800
Sender: xen-api-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Marco

Thanks for your mail.

Marco Sinhoreli wrote:
Using the Xenapi to create a virtual machine, this exception is returning:

<code>
XenAPIError: ['MEMORY_CONSTRAINT_VIOLATION', 'min or max']
</code>

This isn't documented and I don't know what it mean. It's happing only
with XCP. Using XenServer 5.0.0 the same code run perfectly.

XAPI raises a MEMORY_CONSTRAINT_VIOLATION exception (during
an API call) if it believes that carrying out the call would
violate the following memory constraint for any VM:

    static-min <= dynamic-min <= dynamic-max <= static-max

You can see the current memory constraints for any given VM
using a command similar to:

    xe vm-list params=all name-label=<name-of-vm> | grep memory

Marco - could you post the exact sequence of commands that
cause this failure? Are you using vm-install to create a VM?

Thanks

Jonathan Knowles