Re: [Xen-API] A few questions about the java Xen api

To: Hans Mayer <loki84@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-API] A few questions about the java Xen api
From: Stefan de Konink <skinkie@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 23:22:41 +0100
Cc: ast32@xxxxxxxxxxxx, xen-api@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 28 Nov 2007 14:23:21 -0800
Sender: xen-api-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hans Mayer schreef:
> At the moment we encounter some problems with the api.
> We discovered some bugs and have the problem that some functions aren't
> implemented yet (serverside) on the XmlRpc Server (VMGuestMetrics).
> The next problem is that we would like to be able to manage more than
> one Xen server at the same time. This is not possible with the latest
> implementation of the ConnectionHelper class.
> It's possible that it's already implemented, but we don't know how.
>
> Now my questions are:
> x) Is this project still alive or abandoned?
No clue, I made some patches for the VIF metrics myself, floating around.

> x) Is someone currently working on the api?
Both as user and developer. Mainly to generate RRD data.

> x) If yes, what is being worked on at the moment?
I made VIf metrics and some ISCSI thing to the block-* scripts. Next to
this I made a very tiny implementation in Python so that Xen servers
register theirselves upon boot. A simple db (gdbm) is maintained of MAC
and IP, and this list is polled every minute.

If you have a better idea to for example share a Xenstorage server.. :)

> x) Will there be an update in the next time?
No clue :)

Stefan