xci-devel

Re: [Xci-devel] dom0 can't find the LVM volumes

Jean Guyader wrote:
It's probably because we don't have disk driver for VmWare in our dom0
kernel config.

Jean

Yes I think you're right, as the kernel doesn't show any "sd: " messages. In
the dom0 /lib/modules folder, there are neither the scsi nor the sd module.

Could you please give me a hint on how to change the dom0 kernel
configuration (menuconfig) and rebuild it?

Sure.

$ (cd build_i686/build-linux-dom0-2.6.27 && make menuconfig )
$ rm build_i686/build-linux-dom0-2.6.27/.compiled
$ make xenclient-kernel

Jean

Thanks that works but there's another problem...

I selected several options that I think might work with the VMware-emulated adapter (which should be some Fusion LSI-Logic adapter as to Internet forums): CONFIG_FUSION* and CONFIG_BLK_DEV_SD (CONFIG_SCSI is also enabled). The matching object files like mptspi.o, scsi_mod.o, sd_mod.o are then built correctly but the respective kernel modules (*.ko files) are not built. I don't really understand this, does Xenclient's build process change anything before it makes the kernel or what is the problem here?